- Focus On
- Meeting Point
IBS4 Registration Fee
We are inviting quilters around the world to take part in our 4th International Block Swap (IBS4). Make 9 quilt blocks with the motto "Back to Nature" and send them to us. All participants will be grouped into teams of 9 and the blocks will be swapped within each team. You will get back your own block plus 8 different blocks from quilters around the world.
- Sew 9 IDENTICAL (i.e. the same design motif) blocks 6" x 18" or 15 cm x 45 cm (FINISHED SIZE) plus a seam allowance of 1/4“ or 0.75 cm on each side. You can either choose landscape or portrait format for your blocks.
- The motto is "Back to Nature". The blocks MUST contain the colour GREEN. More colours MAY be used. Please use only good quality, prewashed cotton fabric.
- You may use any textile technique (compatible with cotton fabric) or any block pattern. If you use embellishments, please make sure that these don‘t exceed a depth of 1/4" or 0.75 cm and that the block can still be quilted.
- Please enclose 9 picture postcards of your town/region/country in your block package. You may use the postcard to convey as much information about yourself as you wish (eg. hobbies, family, e-mail and/or mail address etc.). But please, write or print at least some personal greetings on your postcards.
- You can submit more than one set of blocks if you like, but the participation fee is payable for each set of blocks.
Deadline: 28 February 2018
We will send out the swapped blocks two to three months after the deadline.
Please make sure that you adhere to the rules stated above. Unfortunately, blocks which don't comply, cannot be included in IBS4 and will be returned. This also applies if the registration form and/or the postcards are missing. In this case, we will not be able to refund the registration fee.